Would you like to raise money or collect supplies to help support the Georgia SPCA shelter animals while they await adoption? Here are a few examples of fundraisers that you can do to bring in needed funds: The video above shows just one way your school, church or social organization can help.
Have a Sale: Ask a few friends to help with a bake sale, book sale, or garage sale. You and your friends bake the goodies, or get the books or the other things required for the sale, staff it, and help clean up afterwards. Make sure your customers know their purchases are helping animals in need. This is an excellent way to get people involved in fundraising without ever actually asking them for money.
Have a Party: Have a fancy dinner or fun party. Charge people $20 to get in. One example: Spaghetti Dinner or Spay-ghetti Dinner (get it?) - Host a spaghetti dinner at a church or some other space with a large kitchen.·
Collect Change for Change: Ask all your friends, family, and classmates to save all their change for 3-5 months. Then cash it in and donate the money.
Host a movie night: Invite friends, family, neighbors, classmates or other groups to watch your favorite animal movie (like Babe, Lady and the Tramp, Finding Nemo, Because of Winn Dixie). Make animal-friendly snacks to enjoy with the show (Animal Crackers, Goldfish). Ask attendees to bring an "admission fee" of donations or supplies from our Wish List.
Trick or Treat for Wish List items: Distribute a flyer to everyone in your neighborhood letting them know that you will be "trick-or-treating" for the Georgia SPCA, and telling them what day you will be around to pick up their donations. Don't forget to suggest easy items to donate. (This doesn't have to be in October, you can come up with another creative name for a neighborhood Wish List drive.)
Celebrate your birthday or another special occasion by asking your friends and family to donate money and/or supplies to the Georgia SPCA in your honor.
Have a car wash and let people know that funds are going to support the Georgia SPCA.
The possibilities are endless! Fundraisers provide a great opportunity to support a cause you believe in, and they make wonderful service projects for clubs or schools. Please contact us if you have any questions or need any help getting started, or call the Adoption Center at 678-765-2726 and ask to speak with Debbie Martin.
We can help promote your fundraiser by creating a personalized donation page that will publicize your project on the Georgia SPCA website and accept and track monetary donations specifically for YOUR fundraising event. Here's how:
- Choose a project or activity that will raise funds for the Georgia SPCA. This can be an individual or group project.
- Send us a description of your event, including dates and all relevent information. You can include pictures of your friends, family--even your pets--if you like.
- We'll set up a page promoting your event on our website and send you a link to the page to share with your family and friends so that they can visit your page. A "donate" link on your page connects to a Georgia SPCA secured donation website, where your supporters can make a contribution.
- Your donors will instantly receive an e-mail acknowledging their contribution!
We truly appreciate your support of the Georgia SPCA. We depend on donations of money and supplies and time from members of our community to continue our work of:
- rescuing animals from high-kill rate animal control facilities and abusive situations
- running an adoption program to place our animals in loving homes
- spaying/neutering all animals prior to adoption, and providing access to low-cost spay/neuter procedures to the public
- providing humane education on major issues related to animal welfare and responsible pet ownership