The Georgia SPCA depends on the community and its businesses to support its activities. This support comes from different sorts of organizations - from schools & churches, from local and national businesses and also from concerned individuals. Sponsorship can take many forms -- from sponsoring the care of an animal until it gets adopted to providing the Georgia SPCA with discounts on items we purchase to sponsorship of an entire "cat room."
Sponsoring the Care of an Animal
Individuals or businesses may sponsor an animal’s care during their stay here at the Georgia SPCA. The animal will receive a sign on his or her kennel reading “This dog/cat has been sponsored by …” The sponsorship will also be identified on the animal’s page on our website.
Fee to sponsor a dog: $125 to $275 (see individual adoptable dog pages)
Fee to sponsor a cat: $25 to $125 (see individual adoptable cat pages)
Animals may be sponsored on a one time basis and make a great birthday or wedding gifts. They can also be sponsored on a monthly basis by businesses or individuals. Businesses wishing to sponsor an animal will receive their logo on the sponsorship sign.
Throughout the year, we host several events to raise funds for the animals in our care. Each event provides sponsorship opportunities that result in visibility within the community, recognition on all event collateral pieces, and media exposure. Sponsorship options include direct funding of the event as well as (in some instances) supporting us by setting up vendor booths to make the public aware of your support for the Georgia SPCA. We would be happy to discuss the ability to create greater benefit for your company before and during any of our events through online or sales promotions, hospitality options and distribution of promotional materials.
We tailor our sponsorship packages to align this investment with your company's goals. To discuss any opportunities that interest you, please email email@example.com or contact us and select "sponsorship question" as the subject. These events draw from a broad community as well as from local celebrities.
A key thing to bear in mind is that the Georgia SPCA spends very little money on fundraising activities. We have felt that program-based spending is critical. In 2013, for example, 88% of all funds coming into the organization were spent on program-related expenses including adoptions, spay/neuter, and pet wellness.
Here are some sponsorship strategies that might work for you or your organization:
- Work Place Giving - Many businesses, corporations, and government agencies have workplace campaigns through which an employee may contribute to the charity of their choice. The Georgia SPCA can be included as a recipient in many of these plans. Please consider designating your gift to the Georgia SPCA through your workplace program. If the Georgia SPCA is not already a designated charity, please inquire if we may be added.
- Matching Gift - Your employer may have a matching gift program. In this manner, any gift you give in support of the animals and the Georgia SPCA can be matched with a like or greater gift by your company. You can find out more about matching gifts by speaking with the human resources department at your place of employment.
- Special Events - We host special events throughout the year which help raise money for the Georgia SPCA. These events include our annual benefit bash at the Gwinnett Center, and our annual Run for the Rescues 5k and Fun Run at Suwanee Town Center. Please check our upcoming events page for the next upcoming event.
- Sponsor a Georgia SPCA Program or Pet - We are actively looking for support for low-cost vaccination clinics, spay/neuter, and community education projects to promote responsible pet ownership. Each pet available for adoption is eligible to be sposnored by an individual or business during their time here.
- Host an Adoption Event/Donation Drive - if your workplace allows animals, we can bring cats and dogs to an adoption event for your employees. Here's how Cadillac Jack helps the homeless pets at Georgia SPCA.