2017 is a banner year for the Georgia SPCA. This year, we'll celebrate our 10th year in operation and our 10,000th adoption. We invite you to celebrate with us at special events and fundraisers to celebrate this milestone for the Georgia SPCA and, more importantly, for the animals. Once we reach 10,000, you can help us start on our second 10,000 adoptions by doing the following:
- Adopt. If you would like the benefit of a loving dog or cat in your home, consider adopting one of our shelter animals. As you know, after we rescue a dog or cat, we are committed to caring for it -- housing, feeding, adoption readiness including spay or neuter, medical care as required -- until it is adopted into a suitable home. We take care in our adoption process to make certain that our pets will be adopted by families who understand the joys. as well as the responsibilities, of caring for a pet.
- Donate. In addition to our regular donations, there are several special areas where you can help:
- Sponsor an Animal. By paying the adoption fees for a dog or cat, you will make it possible for animals to be adopted more quickly, thus making room for even more animals to be saved. Simply (1) find a dog or cat you would like to sponsor, (2) go to our donation page and donate the adoption amount for that animal; (3) On the dedication line of the donation, tell us the name of the pet you are sponsoring. We'll let you know when your sponsored pet is adopted.
- Attend an Event.
- March 25 is the date for our Run for the Rescues in Suwanee Town Center. By signing up yourself or your entire family for either the Fun Run or the 5K, you will be supporting our efforts to rescue our next 10,000 animals. If you are not a runner, come anyway for the fun. There will be lots of vendors, wonderful food, music and a great time. Be sure to stop by the Georgia SPCA booth and introduce yourself. We love seeing our adopters and meeting everyone who cares about helping homeless animals.
- As we approach the anniversary of our founding and our 10,000th adoption, look for special events at and near the shelter. Discussions are underway for our anniversary celebration, so watch this space!
- Give to Compassionate Hearts. This is a special fund we use to cover expenses for animals needing medical care beyond routine adoption-readiness treatment. Your secure donation helps us rescue animals that would be routinely "put down" by many other animal shelters.
- Become a Monthly Donor. Monthly donors are the lifeblood of our organization. Imagine that instead of receiving your normal paycheck, you never knew how much money you would be paid each month. Monthly donors give us our monthly paycheck to ensure that we can pay the rent, keep the lights on and perform the day-to-day tasks necessary to care for our shelter animals. While this isn't as appealing to many as providing medical care or helping with adoptions, it is people who give their support every month who provide predictable funding for our lifesaving work.
- Volunteer. Our volunteers give freely of their time to work with us to save homeless animals. Whether you would like to volunteer to help with shelter activities, vaccination clinics, special events, grant writing or anything else, please contact us and we'll get you started,